TDB2 is a component of
Apache Jena for RDF storage
and query. It support the full range of Jena APIs.
TDB2 can be used as a high performance RDF store on a single machine.
TDB2 can be used with Apache Jena Fuseki.
TDB1 is the previous generation native storage system for Jena.
Compared to TDB1:
- No size limits on transactions : bulk uploads into a live Fuseki can be 100’s
of millions of triples.
- Models and Graphs can be passed across transactions
- Transactional only (there is currently no “autocommit” mode).
- Better transaction control
- No queue of delayed updates
- No backlog problems.
- “Writer pays” - readers don’t
- Datatypes of numerics preserved;
TDB2 is not compatible with TDB1