This section details the Jena RDF/XML parser. ARP is the parsing subsystem in Jena for handling the RDF/XML syntax.
- Java based RDF parser.
- Compliant with RDF Syntax and RDF Test Cases Recommendations.
- Compliant with following standards and recommendations:
xml:lang is fully supported, both in RDF/XML and any document embedding RDF/XML. Moreover, the language tags are checked against RFC1766, RFC3066, ISO639-1, ISO3166.
xml:base is fully supported, both in RDF/XML and any document embedding RDF/XML.
All URI references are checked against RFC2396. The treatment of international URIs implements the concept of RDF URI Reference.
- XML Names
All rdf:ID’s are checked against the XML Names specification.
- Unicode Normal Form C
String literals are checked for conformance with an early uniform normalization processing model.
- XML Literals
rdf:parseType='Literal'is processed respecting namespaces, processing instructions and XML comments. This follows the XML exclusive canonicalizations recommendation with comments.
- Relative Namespace URI references
Namespace URI references are checked in light of the W3C XML Plenary decision.
- Command-line RDF/XML error checking.
- Can be used independently of Jena, with customizable
- Highly configurable error processing.
- Xerces based XML parsing.
- Processes both standalone and embedded RDF/XML.
- Streaming parser, suitable for large files.
- Supports SAX and DOM, for integration with non-file XML sources.