Welcome to the Apache Jena project! Apache Jena™ is a Java framework for building Semantic Web applications. Jena provides a collection of tools and Java libraries to help you to develop semantic web and linked-data apps, tools and servers.
The Jena Framework includes:
- an API for reading, processing and writing RDF data in XML, N-triples and Turtle formats;
- an ontology API for handling OWL and RDFS ontologies;
- a rule-based inference engine for reasoning with RDF and OWL data sources;
- stores to allow large numbers of RDF triples to be efficiently stored on disk;
- a query engine compliant with the latest SPARQL specification
- servers to allow RDF data to be published to other applications using a variety of protocols, including SPARQL
In April 2012, Jena graduated from the Apache incubator process and was approved as a top-level Apache project.
I would like to ...
- ... download Jena components
- ... use Jena with Maven
- ... find out more about the Jena project
- ... see who's involved
- ... follow a tutorial
- ... see how to get started with Jena
- ... report a bug
- ... get help using Jena
- ... read the Javadoc
- ... contribute to the project!
- ... get the DOAP description of the Jena project in RDF